29 July 2009

Birmingham AA convention

Had a lovely weekend at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. The AA theme for the convention was LOVE.

I went with ten friends from my AA home group and enjoyed the steam room, sauna and pool. The hotel food was good, we had a picnic when we got there (kindly provided by one of my friends) and feasted on Thornton's chocolates.

Shares were good especially in the Adult Children of Alcoholics meeting, I always get emotional remembering my father's drinking. I also chaired one of the marathon meetings for an hour which did me good.

I had hoped to sell some diaries at the convention but it wasn't possible as I didn't get prior authorisation from the organisers - ah well, there is always next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there with my very good friend. His diary is absolutely wonderful and it will make wonderful gifts for recovering adicts.